Collins Barwick's Legal Experience & Background
As a partner in a Workers’ Compensation Practice Group for over 27 years, I have handled matters at all levels of workers’ compensation litigation. Some of my more impactful cases include mediations and hearings at the Deputy Commission and Full Commission level, North Carolina Court of Appeals, and the North Carolina Supreme Court.
In addition to the above mentioned practice areas and litigation, I have experience in handling traumatic injury by accident claims, occupational disease, asbestosis, chemical exposure, mold exposure and psychological claims, and permanent total type issues such as attendant care and adaptive measures.
I have obtained favorable results at mediations and in litigation before the Industrial Commission, and the North Carolina Court of Appeals.
Articles, Presentations, and Publications
- I have spoken frequently at a number of seminars including the Annual North Carolina Workers' Compensation Conference on various topics including occupational disease claims, return to work issues, cost control in the workers’ compensation system and case law updates.
Professional, Civic and Community Activities
- North Carolina Bar Association (Workers’ Compensation Section), Member
- Wake County Bar Association, Former Board Member
- Hayes Barton United Methodist Church, former Board Member
- The Raleigh School, former Board Member
If you would like to book an appointment click here
to check my calendar for available dates. My calendar will be updated regularly. Any dates and times listed indicate mediations already scheduled. I can book two mediations a day if not separated by more than 60 minutes travel time.
You can also contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me directly at (919) 480-8738 (c). I really look forward to working with you.
- Collins Barwick, Certified Superior Court Mediator